Digital forensic analyst and software developer
I'm a GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) who specializes in providing services to clients in the areas of Digital Forensics, Digital Response Services / Cyber Investigations (Incident Response), Digital Evidence Recovery, Data Identification & Remediation, Electronic Discovery, and Litigation Support, including experience serving as a court-appointed neutral forensic examiner and presenting trial and deposition testimony. I currently work for KPMG Cyber Security Services within their Cyber Response pillar.
I enjoy developing software, especially automating and enhancing digital forensics collections, processing, and analysis, creating case and evidence management software, and writing other client-specific data aggregation, collection, and visualization tools.
In my free time I enjoy spending time with family, reading, learning new programming languages / technologies, messing around with amateur radio stuff, and listening to (or playing) live music. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @4n68r, read my blog on Medium, check out my resume, view some of my code, or contact me.
- "2016 Federal Defense of Trade Secrets Act: What In-House Counsel and Executives Need to Know", Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP and KPMG LLP Litigation Seminar, September 2016
- "SQLite Forensics" (speaker), HTCIA at Governor’s State University, July 2014
- "iOS Forensics" (guest lecturer), Purdue University, April 2014
- "Android Forensics" (guest lecturer), Purdue University, September 2013
- "Text message corpus: applying natural language processing to mobile device forensics," (publication) IEEE Conference Proceedings, July 2013
- "Python for Forensicators" (speaker), HTCIA at KPMG LLP, December 2012