Digital forensic analyst and
I'm a GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) who specializes in providing services to clients in the areas of Digital Forensics, Digital Response Services / Cyber Investigations (Incident Response), Digital Evidence Recovery, Data Identification & Remediation, Electronic Discovery, and Litigation Support, including experience serving as a court-appointed neutral forensic examiner and presenting trial and deposition testimony. I currently work for KPMG Cyber Security Services within their Cyber Response pillar.
I enjoy developing software, especially automating and enhancing digital forensics collections, processing, and analysis, creating case and evidence management software, and writing other client-specific data aggregation, collection, and visualization tools.
In my free time I enjoy spending time with family, reading, learning new programming languages / technologies, messing around with amateur radio stuff, discussing any interesting topic (philosophy, history, religion, psychology, technology, science, etc.), and listening to (or playing) live music. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @4n68r, read my blog on Medium, check out my resume, view some of my code, or contact me.
Programming / scripting languages
Speaking engagements and publications
- "Introduction to Smartphone Forensics" (speaker), Chicago Chapter ACM at Loyola University, September 2017
- "Forensics at scale: Strategies for analyzing high volumes of data" (speaker), Minnesota HTCIA Spring Conference, April 2017
- "2016 Federal Defense of Trade Secrets Act: What In-House Counsel and Executives Need to Know" (panelist), Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP and KPMG LLP Litigation Seminar, September 2016
- "SQLite Forensics" (speaker), Midwest HTCIA at Governor’s State University, July 2014
- "iOS Forensics" (guest lecturer), Purdue University, April 2014
- "Android Forensics" (guest lecturer), Purdue University, September 2013
- "Text message corpus: applying natural language processing to mobile device forensics," (publication) IEEE Conference Proceedings, July 2013
- "Python for Forensicators" (speaker), Midwest HTCIA at KPMG LLP, December 2012
- 2015, Governors State University, Introduction to Scripting Languages (Python)
- 2012-2013, viaForensics (NowSecure), Linux for Forensic Analysis, iPhone and iOS Forensics, Android Forensics, Advanced Android Forensics, Advanced Data Carving and Analysis
- 2011-2012, Purdue University Calumet (Northwest), Computer Forensics, Disaster Recovery and Planning, Ethical and Legal Issues in IT
- 2010-2011, DOJ/DEA, Digital Evidence Search and Seizure, Understanding Cyber Forensics and Proper Digital Evidence Seizure